Little hands also want to be helping hands, especially when it comes to decorating for Halloween!
It’s challenging for toddlers to participate in pumpkin carving. Here are four super fun ways your kids can help decorate pumpkins without having to carve into it.
1. The Mummy Pumpkin
The googly eyes really bring this mummified pumpkin to life. It may look complicated at first glance, but is definitely something your toddler can help create.
- Elmer’s Spray Glue
- 1-inch Googly Eye
1. Use spray glue and cover the pumpkin on all sides. Take the gauze and wrap it around to cover most of the pumpkin. You can leave a few open spaces.
2. Spray two dots of glue over the layer of gauze where the eyes will be placed. Place the eyes.
3. Cut the gauze lengthwise to make shorter pieces. Spray the pumpkin again with spray glue. Take the gauze and run it along the pumpkin diagonally to create a mummy-looking pumpkin!
2. Candy Corn Pumpkin
Painting a pumpkin has become very popular. Create an Autumn themed pumpkin by making it look like candy corn. It’s incredibly easy – and cute!
- Yellow Acrylic Paint
- White Acrylic Paint
- Sponge Brush
1.Paint the bottom third of the pumpkin with yellow paint. Leave the middle third of the pumpkin it’s natural orange color.
2.Paint the top third of the pumpkin with white paint. Paint all the way to the top of the stem.
3. Color Crayon White Pumpkin
Use a unique white pumpkin and find bright-colored crayons for your children to color their best designs. This activity is mess free and simple, yet will keep your children occupied for quite a while.
- White pumpkin
1.Simply hand the crayons over and let your children’s imagination take the lead.
4. Decorated Felt Pumpkin
Give your pumpkin a complete makeover with some paint and felt decorations. The pre-made felt kits are $5 at Target and include everything you will need.
- Cat felt kit
- Paint brush
- Black acrylic paint
1. Paint the entire pumpkin black. Wait 30 minutes for the paint to dry.
2. Remove the sticky backing on the felt pieces and place them on the pumpkin accordingly.
Creative activities and projects with our kids is rewarding – especially around the holidays. No carve pumpkins allow your children to decorate pumpkins easily and for you to keep your sanity.